China’s great slowdown
Years of ‘zero-Covid’ lockdowns have battered the Chinese economy, slowing down growth to its lowest rate in 30 years. Could this be the end of high-performing China as we know it?
Top 5 forces that will shape international finance in 2023
The start of the year is always a good moment to consider the key themes set to drive policy in the UK and EU over the next 12 months
The carbon price solution
We are now in a race against time to mitigate the effects of climate change. Calls for phasing out fossil-fuel subsidies and introducing a carbon price were largely ignored in 2015, but the financial markets must answer those calls now
Climate change: from crisis to opportunity
Former Bank of England governor Mark Carney has turned his attention to the next great emergency facing our planet: climate change
A renewable energy transition is on the horizon
The energy sector needs to change rapidly and radically if the climate crisis is to be averted. Long hailed as a revolutionary low-carbon fuel, the day of green hydrogen is finally dawning to complement the role of electricity, says utilities firm Iberdrola
What would a Biden term mean for oil?
With two trillion dollars in green energy spending set aside for his first term, Biden is clearly looking at jumpstarting an economy suffering the considerable impact of COVID-19, if elected. With a climate policy geared towards a Green New Deal, where would this leave the fossil fuel industry?
Shareholders approve sale of Rio Tinto assets to Chinese-backed Yancoal
Rio Tinto has ended the fierce bidding war surrounding its Australian coal assets by agreeing a deal worth $2.69bn with Yancoal
Are shareholders adequately informed about the future of fossil fuels?
The fossil fuel industry’s refusal to accept anything other than a business-as-usual outlook could cost investors
- Top 5 hostile takeovers of all time
- Top 5 fastest-growing economies
- Nike vs Adidas: a league of their own
- Does IKEA truly deserve its non-profit status?
- Top 5 of the fastest-growing industries in the world
- Guaranty Trust Bank is harnessing technology to drive inclusivity
- AmInvest aims to break global boundaries in Malaysia
- Top 5 regulatory concerns currently facing financial institutions
- Top 5 countries with the largest fiscal deficits
- Top 5 most interesting mergers and acquisitions of the past year