Presidential candidates spend millions campaigning. Is it worth it?
The US presidential election is as much about splashing the cash as it is about winning people over. But the winner isn’t necessarily the biggest spender
What’s really causing the slump in US gun sales?
With gun sales falling for the second consecutive year, some have proclaimed the US firearms market to be in a permanent state of decline
US midterm results spark positive reactions from global markets
European and Asian markets breathed a collective sigh of relief as pollsters’ predictions came to fruition in the November 6 US midterm elections
US awards eight nations oil waivers under Iran sanctions
Japan, North Korea and China are among the eight nations exempted from oil sanctions against Iran that came into force on November 5
Top 5 tax scandals
When tax bills are in the millions or even billions, some individuals will go to any lengths to avoid paying up
New York authorities put Trump’s clandestine tax dealings under the microscope
The New York tax department has opened an inquest following explosive revelations about the US President’s financial history in the New York Times
Seismic events have rocked Europe, but the continent can regain the initiative
Europe currently faces an array of challenges, many of which have been caused by the US. Fortunately, this also presents an opportunity for the continent to reaffirm its global influence
US vs China: who prevails in a trade war?
The tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump earlier this year push his country closer to a trade conflict with China. Looking at the history of trade wars, a US victory could prove elusive
NAFTA in perilous waters
With the continued proliferation of threats concerning a US withdrawal from NAFTA, there is a sense that the protectionist stance promised by President Trump during his election campaign is beginning to materialise
- Failing banks, winning economy: the truth about Iceland’s recovery
- Top 5 fastest-growing economies
- The top 5 hostile takeovers of all time
- Nike vs Adidas: a league of their own
- Refugees are an economic benefit, not burden, to Europe
- Guaranty Trust Bank is harnessing technology to drive inclusivity
- Does IKEA truly deserve its non-profit status?
- Top 5 of the fastest-growing industries in the world
- Top 5 regulatory concerns currently facing financial institutions
- Top 5 countries with the largest fiscal deficits